Thursday, January 24, 2013

How do I enter INCEIF and get my scholarship from INCEIF

Assalamualaikum


This entry was dedicated to Md Abdul Momen and to those who might have same questions with him


Hi. Congrats on your admission to INCEIF. Would u share your exp on scholarship interview?
What was the requirements to get the full scholarship (cgpa, experience), the questions/test they asked. how much allowance. Thanks


-----------------------------------------------------------------


First and foremost, i sincerely apologized for my "not-so-good" English


but I'll try my best to answer your questions


Scholarship interview


For master n phd programme, there will be 2 interviewers *subject to changes


But, for CIFP programme, there will be 4 interviewers *subject to changes



I'm the first candidate for Master's programme interview session



As usual, they will ask you to tell your background



While you are talking, they will look at your essay and result transcript



Note : You need to submit your essay together with your application form earlier through INCEIF website*



Since the first interviewer was my lecturer for Research Methodology subject, so he is quite interested to know "what i had learnt about Statistic subject during my Degree programme"



Then he asked me about "What do i know about Islamic Capital Market"



Since we are applying for Master or Phd in Islamic Finance, so it is good to know a little bit about Islamic Capital Market



The first interviewer will ask you something related to your result transcript



He will go through on what subjects you have taken before and he will ask you based on what you have learnt



For the CGPA, i think the minimum requirement is 3.30



I don't know the exact requirement on CGPA



But mostly who get the scholarship scored 3.45 and above for their CGPA



Another important thing is, they really looked into your English




For further details, you can click on this link http://www.inceif.org/index.php/mif-entry-requirements




What about the 2nd interviewer???



emmmm.................. He just asked me "Why do you choose INCEIF?"



Then, when i spoke, he rarely looked at me -__-


He just concentrated on his laptop. Hoho



Then...... he gave A LOOOOTTTT of advises to me (he mentioned on how tough the environment for postgraduate studies would be n he asked me to be prepared)



Hahaha!



For me, i think i wasn't performed well during my interview



I've forgotten what i had learnt during my degree. LoLz




When the 1st interviewer asked me on Islamic Capital Market subject




I took 1 minute to think, then i started to answer "What i know a little bit about Islamic Capital Market is......" then he interrupted " How come you say "a little bit" because this is what you had learnt before".....




Hehehehehe




I just gave him a nice smile :D



Then he continued "Looks like you forgot everything"  :P :P :P



After that incident, he shifted the question to my essay



I want to be a lecturer...so he asked "For the last semester, you have an option whether to write a project paper or substitute it with 2 elective subjects. For your opinion, which option is the best for you to be a lecturer?"



I answered "Research Paper"



He asked what topic do i interested?


Then, i think this answer was my savior!!



"I'm interested to do my research in Islamic Capital Market area in sukuk. As my readings, Muslim's population in GCC countries are more compared to Malaysia, but their sukuk market are far way behind us. So i want to know the reason behind all this. I think it is something related with their policies..."



Then the 2nd interviewer finally showed his face



"Do you know why???? because sukuk in Malaysia is actually a bond (conventional bond)"



Just put a smile after he gave his opinion :D



Emm... i think that is all about my interview session



For master n phd programme, all of the candidates came from different background



They are more more more intelligent and better from me



For scholarship, i think they take a look on your background



If you are working, having a good salary, and quite stable, they rarely offer you a scholarship (i think so...emm, i also asked my classmates, most of them are quite stable in their job)



 I'm a fresh graduate, n during my interview i stated that i'm working but they did not asked my position. Maybe they look at my Degree. For your info, i have degree in Islamic Banking. I have no other working experience except during my 6 months internship at Tabung Haji.



I don't know... maybe they tend to offer scholarship for young people because some of my classmate who get the scholarship are within my age (23-26)


Well, it's just my guess. Don't take it seriously.


Just perform well during your interview n show your interest to continue your study at INCEIF


Most important thing is, please get a lot of information about Islamic Finance because it shows your determination and passion towards this field


Oh..there is no allowance! The scholarship will only cover the tuition fees which is RM20,700 and you have to maintained CGPA 3.3 for every semester, otherwise you scholarship will be held back

*but now they offer quite a number of scholarships. Go and check their website


That's all i guess...


To make it easier for you...i'll summarize the process to enter INCEIF and get the scholarship



1) Go through INCEIF website http://www.inceif.org/index.php/mif-apply-now

2) Submit your essay through the website "Career Goal Essay with 500 words or less"

3) Wait for their answer by email and phone call

4) Done! just follow what they have said 



Good Luck!



If you have any inquiries, just drop them an email or make a phone call. They are very friendly and InsyaAllah they give quick response :D


Or you can send me an email: ummi_kalthum10@yahoo.com


Hope this information will help you and those out there



Really sorry for the late reply 

*To remind you, this post has been written on January 2013. There might be a changes regarding on their scholarships offered + terms and conditions. Please check INCEIF website, ok dear =)



Sekian

Jari Kecil
25 Januari 2013, Jumaat
3.30 petang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam awak..sgt menarik awak share ttg interview sscholarship. mm sy ada satu soalan, ada tak kwn awak study inceif di sponsor by mara? in case kalau awak tau :)